This is the QRO conversion kit uses new UHMWPE plastic parts and 3mm pure Aluminium 1050 for improved efficiency. It’s taken me a few years to get the dimensions “just right” and is the expensive part of the project.
All new plastic UHMWPE plates have new hole pattern for either 3, 4 or 6 equi-distance spaced elements.
In the box:
- Ground Plate(2018 spec, with longer tab)
- Driven Plate (2018 spec, 150mm diameter)
- Guy Plate (Upgraded to 8mm thick)
- Mid Spreader (5mm: connects your 12m and 10m elements to and keeps your elements from blowing around too much.
- Upper Spreader (Upgraded to 6mm thick)
- Double-Eye (New for 2018, attach 40m and 30m elements)
- SO239 assembly, hot glued, with lead and ring terminal
This assumes you already have a DX Commander pole (or similar)
- Check out the film: https://youtu.be/3dULHHmyKYE
The kit comes without nuts and bolts or any other accessories although all aluminium plates have 6mm threaded holes ready for any 6mm bolt that comes to mind. The 16mm hole in the ground assembly accepts my pre-made SO239 assembly. This is soldered and crimped and then hot glue is applied – and re-heated to create a seal between the back of my SO239 and your PL259 coax connector.
This kit is ideal for the amateur radio operator who already has various bolts, crimps, wire, paracord and maybe some elastic shock cord to suspend your elements from the upper spreader.
I create a LOT of YouTube videos, check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/user/m0mcx/videos