This is an OLD listing based on the original DX Commander Lite. Now the components we supply are from the Rapide.
This is a specialist experimenters kit to create either a triangular array or “three-in-a-row” vertical array. The three-in-a-row will give you about 5 dB over a vertical, the triangular array will deliver about 4.5dB.over a good vertical. (depends on ground etc)
As this video:
Suitable for any frequency, from 30m and upwards. This kit would make a great 20m experiment and since the wind loading is very light, could probably stand up in all weathers. 40m is also possible via linear loadingeach element.
In the box:
- 3 x 7m DX Commander Telescopic Poles
- 3 x Aluminium Ground Plates (drilled out to 5mm, no thread * ) bent at 90 degrees as per usual for SO239
- 3 x Aluminium Driven Plates (drilled, not tapped * )
- 3 x Guy Plate UHMWPE (good for 1,500W at 14MHz)
- 3 x Upper Spreader
- 3 x SO239 wih screw-threads (User to solder a flying lead into this)
- 3 x Hose clamps (to keep the driven plates from rising up)
You will need to supply some wire for the elements and grounds, nuts bolts washers, paracord and other odds and ends. The hard work (components) is done for you though.